Warehouse distribution is a fast paced environment that demands organization, speed and efficiency. Concrete aisles must be easily accessible, smooth and present a showroom finish for potential clients. Typical problems include moving joints and damaged concrete. ProTech provides the following services for Warehouse Distribution floors:
- Concrete Repair As concrete repair specialists, ProTech knows how to engineer the proper repair for your facility floor. Materials used range from hydraulic cement to epoxy and urethane mortar. In conditions that require a structural repair that is fast setting, impact/ chemical resistant in wet, oily or frozen surfaces, ProTech can provide the right repair for the job.
- Epoxy Mortar For durability in food and beverage production and storage areas or to rehabilitate existing damaged floors, ProTech Epoxy Mortar may be hand and power trowelled at 3/16” thickness. Once dry, the epoxy overlayment is patched and ground to help smooth the surface and grouted with thickened epoxy to seal. The final finish varies from Chemical Resistant Epoxy to High Performance Urethane topcoats.
- Ground & Polished Concrete After joint stabilization and repair, warehouse floors may be ground to smooth and grouted to fill voids. When combined with polishing, finishes vary from matte to high gloss. Ordinary floors are transformed from damaged and uneven with moving joints to an easy-to-clean showroom surface. Additional benefits include increased lighting, reduced forklift maintenance and operator fatigue.
- Joint Repair Damaged expansion joints in floors create a safety hazard for building occupants. Additionally, forklift tires and electrical components are easily damaged due to impact vibration and operator fatigue increases every time a lift moves over the joint. In high production warehouse environments, that may be several hundred times per shift. ProTech is manufacturer trained and certified by the International Concrete Repair Institute (ICRI) to properly remove damaged concrete, install new and select the proper joint filler to maintain the joint to allow future movement. While joints are a maintenance item, knowing the proper methods and materials reduces the frequency of repairs. For a free facility evaluation click here.
- Slab Stabilization For moving slabs and void filling, ProTech uses polyurethane foam for rapid return to service. Cured in 15 minutes, holes are drilled and foam is injected to stabilize and lift slabs.